A harbinger of the "let's have cozy fun inside" time of year, the annual Witty Women Writers reading at Chicago's beloved Book Cellar, returns for its thirteenth installment Thursday, November 14. Wendy McClure, Amy Guth, Stacey Ballis and I will come together to read something entertaining and sing a parody song by owner Suzy Takacs and have a drink of wine. It's fun! I get nervous so I tend to read something very short to minimize onstage time. Come on out to beautiful Lincoln Square and get a jump on your holiday shopping.
And good news for people who love Wendy McClure:
Funny Ha-Ha, Chicago's favorite humor reading series benefitting a dog-oriented childhood literacy program is back! And guess what--I just did the math and the show turned 15 this year and I forgot to mark it. Time flies, kids.
Funny Ha-Ha: Ride or Die
Friday, December 20, 6:30-8 PM
The Hideout: 1354 W. Wabansia. Chicago.
Featuring readings and performances by:
- Creative writer and weirdo Hassan S. Ali
- Standup comic and She's Crafter member Amy Sumpter
- Curator of Outspoken!: LGBTQ storytelling at Sidetrack Archy Jamjun
- Writer and storyteller Jitesh Jaggi
- Children's Book Editor, Grown-Up Book Author Wendy McClure
- "How to be a Stalker" writer and Comedy Central writer Erica Nicole Clark
- Man with a camera Steve Delahoyde