followed by small-talk niceties and awkward overlapping dialog that
comes with being unused to speaking on the phone in a while.
was your day?"
- "What are you having for dinner?" (Presuming the
talk is occurring after work but before mealtime.)
- "How was
- "What did you do last weekend/last holiday?"
- "How is your family/spouse/romantic partner?"
is your house/apartment?" (If house/apartment is new or of note for
- Talk about any immediate weddings or babies either
between the conversationalists or close friends.
into gossip about other people, possibly cloaked as concern for their
- Brief reminiscence about something that happened 10+
- Flow-interrupting call-drop due to bad
- "How is your pet/child?"
discussion of weight/diet/exercise/hairstyle/clothes.
- "What are
you doing this weekend?"
- Excitement expressed for the next
- Banal reason for ending call like eating
dinner or spending quality time with spouse.
- Impulsive "I love
you," or, to keep it more casual, "Love you!"